Gate Automation. There are numerous reasons why you might decide to install electric gates, all of which need to be considered throughout the design stage. The choice of gate automation depends on the design of the gate and the pillars you have selected.
There are underground rams with mechanical or hydraulic arms. Above ground gate mounted arms with mechanical or hydraulic pistons. Gate mounted mechanical articulated arms mainly used with large posts or brick piers, and if you have a limited space sliding gate openers with rack and pinion is the ideal solution.
What you should consider when thinking about a system:
- Do pedestrians need access?
- What is your primary reason for having a system?
- What materials do you want the gate made out of?
- Do you have a view on the style and design which will work best for you?
- How many cars need regular access?
- How will the gate system open?
- Who can use the system?
- Do you need automatic closing?
- How do people leave and are there any other exits?
- Do you want to speak to visitors before you let them in?
- Do you want to be able to see visitors before you let them in?